Hello Prospective 2016 Dressing Room Volunteer:
Thank you for your offer – we’d love to have your help in the dressing room! Just so you aware of the commitment of a dressing room volunteer, here is a general idea:
– ALL of our dressing room chaperones are there to help ALL of our dancers as we have quite a few first-time recital dancers who will be in need of your help.
– You are committed to be in the dressing room for the entire length of the show. This means that if you choose to volunteer for a show in which you dancer is performing, you may NOT watch from the backstage wings – you may, however, stand inside the door of the auditorium to watch only your dancer’s performances as long as you have coverage in the dressing room.
– In addition to helping with costume changes and potty breaks, dressing room volunteers help keep the dancers backstage very entertained with movies, games, coloring, and dancers can even watch the show on closed-circuit TV.
– Dressing room volunteers are responsible to make sure there is ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD in the dressing rooms!
– Volunteers must arrive 30 minutes prior to the show and check-in with the Dressing Room Manager. Volunteers should expect to remain in the dressing rooms until all dancers have been claimed by their parents.
***For parents of new dancers: My experience has been that it actually tends be easier for the dancers if their parents are NOT in the dressing room – which is why I recommend dressing room chaperones to volunteer for the show their dancer is NOT in, so you can enjoy the show that they ARE in.
If you think you’re up for the job, we’d love to have you! Volunteers are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.